Taylor Swift has been proclaimed a role model. Taylor tops the list of the Ten Best-Mannered People of 2012.
Compiled by the National League of Junior Cotillions, an etiquette and social training program involving thousands of young people in the United States, the list is now in its 21st year. Cotillion students and directors nationwide nominate individuals for the award.
The 2012 best-mannered individuals are:
1. Taylor Swift — for inspiring young people with her music and her manners.
2. Rory McIlroy — for displaying good sportsmanship on and off the golf course.
3. Robin Roberts — for the respect she shows others as a network host and for extending warmth and kindness to “Good Morning America” guests.
4. Gabby Douglas — for demonstrating humility and politeness as a young Olympic athlete.
5. Justin Bieber — for consistently showing courtesy to his many fans.
6. Matt Damon — for being a positive role model in Hollywood to younger generations.
7. Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge — for the poise and dignity with which she conducts herself in the public spotlight.
8. Drew Brees — for being a positive example for young athletes.
9. First Lady Michelle Obama — for her positive encouragement of a healthy lifestyle to youth.
10. Daniel Radcliffe — for the kindness extended to his “Harry Potter” fans.
This article was written by Brent